Saturday, June 21, 2008

MGS4





Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

I don't rate games much, but this one overcomes so many existing movies cinematically that I don't have a choice but to squeeze it in here.

There are of course always going to be some things that can be nitpicked at, but there is so much in terms of perfection in this title that all of those little burps can be completely forgiven and forgotten, in my eyes at least.

This wraps up the 20 year Metal Gear saga completely, and sends Solid Snake off with an amazing final hurrah. I won't discuss the story at all, because there is merely too much in this saga to try and put in a nutshell, but I'll say I was incredibly satisfied and torn emotionally. While it's hard to say goodbye to Snake, I'm just happy he received a deserving leave of absence.

No comments: